What to Include in an SEO Report?
One of the most important aspects of a SEO report is organic traffic. This is a primary goal of any SEO strategy, and placing it near the top of the report will satisfy your clients. The ultimate goal is to track how organic traffic contributes to your business funnel. You can do this by including a Goal completion widget, which will allow you to compare results against the goals you set for your campaign.
6 Essential Insights For SEO Client Reports
Display Data with Charts in SEO Report
- Site Metrics Chart - SEO metrics are a great way to see how your SEO activity is affecting your website. Whether it's a small change in one area or a major overhaul of your SEO strategy, metrics can help you determine whether your work is paying off. Using time series charts allows you to visualize changes in a specific metric over a long period of time. This is especially useful when tracking results over several months.
- Keyword Labels - A good SEO report should include several charts and graphs. These can help clients understand how their campaigns are performing and which areas they can improve. For example, a software company might want to improve the rankings of its landing pages to increase demo requests. Another SEO report might include a keyword table where you can find out which keywords are driving most of the clicks and conversions.
- Audience Insight - Another important factor to include in an SEO report is the audience. While it's tempting to use jargon and statistics for the sake of presentation, it's important to focus on the audience and present the information in a clear, easy-to-understand manner. It's best to use simple language and charts that your reader can understand.
- Alexa Ranking - Another good way to visualize the competition is by including the Alexa ranking. Although Alexa's sample size is limited and difficult to gauge without knowing your business model, it's a useful tool for visualizing the growth of competing sites. By including this ranking in your SEO report, you can understand where your site stands in comparison to your competitors.
- Strategy and Results - In addition to the metrics you include in your SEO report, you should also include words that describe your strategy and its results. You should include words that describe your plans, actions, outcomes, and recommendations. This will help you show the ROI of your SEO strategy to your clients and gain more buy-in from your team.
Show SEO Progress with Key Performance Indicators
- A key part of SEO reporting is tracking the progress of your search marketing efforts. This includes measuring how keywords and content perform. It can also show opportunities for optimization. To maximize the effectiveness of your SEO efforts, KPIs should relate to a specific objective and be tied to a meaningful metric. This information can also help you outline tactical actions for your next campaign.
- Google Analytics can be a very helpful tool. It lets you determine the number of visitors to each page and helps you refine your strategy. You can also use it to determine the most popular pages on your website. For example, if you publish an article on a daily basis, you can look at the number of views per page.
- Another useful indicator to track is the lead generation ratio. Leads are generated by a variety of means, depending on the nature of the website. For example, e-commerce websites must have effective calls to action. These calls can be as simple as a form or list. The lead generation ratio reflects the number of sales generated per unique visitor. By analyzing this information, you can implement strategies to improve the ratio.
Include Keyword Rankings in Report
- Weekly / Monthly Ranking Report - One of the most important elements of an SEO report is ranking data. This is an indicator of how well your site is doing relative to your main competitors. Rankings fluctuate, but it's best to look at them over a longer period of time. This can give a more accurate picture of your overall performance.
- Impact on Business - To make a more complete SEO report, include metrics that show progress, success, and actions. While some metrics are more important than others, it's important to focus on metrics that will have the biggest impact on your business. For example, you may want to monitor technical problems on your website. Visitors won't stay on your site if it has technical problems.
Organize Site Health, Traffic, and Conversion Data for SEO Report
- An SEO report is a great way to communicate the progress of your SEO strategy with stakeholders. It should include metrics related to your website's technical health, overall organic traffic, and conversions. It should also show your SEO ranking, which reflects how well your site is doing in search engines and if it has reached page one.
- Aside from traffic, an SEO report should also show how well you are converting visitors to leads. Even the highest traffic volume will not do much for your business if it doesn't produce leads. A conversion rate is a measure of the percentage of visitors who become leads. These leads turn into customers, and ultimately revenue for your business.
- SEO reports should be informative and easy to read. If your SEO report is long and complicated, your clients will likely lose interest. If the information is too complex, they'll wonder what they're paying for.
Don't Forget to Include Traffic Comparisons
- A well-written SEO report should include metrics on your website's progress, such as absolute traffic numbers. It also needs to include backlink growth, which should be measured in the number of new referring pages. These referring pages can help your website drive traffic and pass link equity. In addition, the report should contain technical SEO metrics and show the impact of your work. You can use a template for your SEO report to create a presentation that is clear, concise, and easy to understand.
- The SEO report should include page-level traffic comparisons, so that you can see which pages are driving traffic. The report should also note which keywords are driving traffic to specific pages. For instance, if you're ranking highly for a particular keyword, the SEO report will highlight the pages that are receiving the most traffic. Likewise, if your website's organic traffic is low, it may be because your SEO efforts aren't focusing on the right keywords or other important SEO ranking factors.
- The lead conversion rate is another important metric to track. A high volume of traffic isn't of much use to your business unless you can convert it into leads. Leads are visitors that engage with your business and become customers. They are the source of revenue for businesses, so the lead conversion rate is an important metric to track.
- SEO reports can be split into two types: SEO dashboards and SEO reports. The former is focused on a single area of improvement while the latter focuses on a variety of metrics. The latter, known as a dashboard, must contain certain KPIs to give a comprehensive picture of the SEO performance of a website.
Conclude SEO Report with Sales/leads
- When analyzing the performance of your SEO strategy, you must look beyond traffic volume to the actual conversions of those visitors. For most ecommerce brands, this means average order values and abandoned cart rates. Many sites also aim to increase the number of user registrations. Almost everyone thinks of SEO in terms of rankings on search engines. While this is important, you should also focus on other important metrics.
- Another metric you should look at is the lead conversion rate. Traffic is useless if it does not turn into leads. Leads are visitors who initiate conversations with your business. Eventually, they become customers and ultimately revenue for your business. The lead conversion rate tells you the percentage of visitors who become leads.
- The purpose of your SEO report is to give a clear picture of your campaign's progress. The metrics that are included depend on your business goals. It's important to include the right number of metrics to provide a full picture of your campaign's success. If you focus on too few metrics, the report will not be useful. On the other hand, a report that is overly comprehensive will only distract the reader and lose his interest. Choosing the right number of metrics is crucial for effective SEO reporting.
Once you've created an SEO report, you can customize it for each client or website. Customizing it is easy thanks to a WYSIWYG reporting engine. You can access your report on your dashboard or export it to a PDF. Once you've finished editing the report, click on "Publish" to publish it to your clients. After publishing, the report will appear on the client's site and a message will alert them that the report has been updated.